Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I do before my appointment?
Please come without any eye makeup & do not use oil-based makeup removers to clean your lashes prior to the application. If you wear contact lenses, kindly remove them prior to your appointment or bring a lens case & remove them when you arrive. Also refrain from consuming caffeine before your appointment, caffeine causes your eyes to become jittery & makes it difficult for the technician to apply the eyelash extensions.
How is it done?
You will be asked to lie down with your eyes closed for 1.5 hours for a complete application. The certified eyelash extension technician with 10 years of experience in the eyelash extension industry will apply anti-wrinkle gel patches under your eyes to protect, smooth & brighten up the eye contour before beginning the treatment. The technician will examine the health of your natural eyelashes & will determine a safe length/weight limit of extensions. The individual faux mink eyelash extensions will be applied directly to your natural eyelashes one by one without any contact with the skin, with a medical grade adhesive. Try to reduce facial & hand movement as much as possible during the service. It is a very relaxing , non-invasive procedure & most clients fall asleep during the application.
How long do the eyelash extensions last?
Properly maintained eyelash extensions will last 4+ weeks. These results depend on your natural life cycle & how well you take care of them. However regular touch-ups are necessary every 2-3 weeks in order to maintain the desired lash thickness because your eyelashes will naturally grow & shed. A natural lash cycle is an average of 60-90 days & each of your eyelashes are on their own individual growth cycle. We shed an average of 1-4 natural lashes each day.
Do eyelash extensions damage your natural lashes?
No, the eyelash extensions will be applied with special care to ensure that they are all applied individually & correctly to maintain your eyelash health. To ensure the ongoing health of your lashes, we highly recommend that you take the advice of the technician regarding the maximum thickness & length that your natural lashes can support. Don't try to remove the extensions yourself, as this could easily damage your natural lashes.
Is the adhesive medical grade?
Yes, the Misencil adhesive is medical grade, FDA approved & does not contain any fumes. The medical grade adhesive is developed in a laboratory in Canada & is specifically designed for eyelash extensions. Choosing Misencil means choosing top quality products for your eyes & peace of mind!
How do I take care of my lashes?
To keep your eyelash extensions looking good and full as long as possible it is important to follow these recommendations:
- Do not use a sauna, steam room or hot tub for 48 hours after application
- Do not get them wet, swim, do hot yoga, tan or exercise for 24 hours after application
- Do not touch, rub, pull or pick your lashes
- Do not use oil-based or waterproof products around your eyes, including mascara & eyeliner. Oils will break down the adhesive & your eyelash extensions will prematurely fall out
- Use oil-free makeup remover
- Proper hygiene is VERY important. Please keep your eyelashes clean by cleansing with the Misencil Lash Shampoo to remove any dirt, oil & bacteria. Gently cleanse the eyelashes in a downward motion, do not rub side to side as this can loosen the bond. Do not face the shower head when showering, after showering avoid rubbing your eyelashes
- Avoid sleeping on side or stomach
- Never use a clamp-style eyelash curler on your extensions