MISENCIL® semi-permanent eyelash extensions will give you a beautiful look with longer, fuller eyelashes without any risk to your natural ones. The faux mink eyelash extensions are flexible, natural-looking, comfortable, weightless & water-resistant. The technique is completely safe, painless, relaxing & provides a spectacular new look!
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I do before my appointment?
Please come without any eye makeup & do not use oil-based makeup removers to clean your lashes prior to the application. If you wear contact lenses, kindly remove them prior to your appointment or bring a lens case & remove them when you arrive. Also refrain from consuming caffeine before your appointment, caffeine causes your eyes to become jittery & makes it difficult for the technician to apply the eyelash extensions.
How is it done?
You will be asked to lie down with your eyes closed for 1.5 hours for a complete application. The certified eyelash extension technician with 10 years of experience in the eyelash extension industry will apply anti-wrinkle gel patches under your eyes to protect, smooth & brighten up the eye contour before beginning the treatment. The technician will examine the health of your natural eyelashes & will determine a safe length & weight limit of extensions. The individual faux mink (natural look) or flat ellipse (dramatic look) eyelash extensions will be applied directly to your natural eyelashes one by one without any contact with the skin, with a medical grade adhesive. Try to reduce facial & hand movement as much as possible during the service. Also, keep in mind that talking during the service should be avoided, talking causes your facial muscles & eyelids to twitch which can negatively affect the results in so many ways... It makes it harder for the technician to achieve a seamless application & to focus on the dynamic design pattern customized for you. It is a very relaxing , non-invasive procedure & most clients fall asleep during the application.
How long do the eyelash extensions last?
Properly maintained eyelash extensions will last 4+ weeks. These results depend on your natural life cycle & how well you take care of them. However regular touch-ups are necessary every 2-3 weeks in order to maintain the desired lash thickness because your eyelashes will naturally grow & shed. A natural lash cycle is an average of 60-90 days & each of your eyelashes are on their own individual growth cycle. We shed an average of 1-4 natural lashes each day.
Do eyelash extensions damage your natural lashes?
No, the eyelash extensions will be applied with special care to ensure that they are all applied individually & correctly to maintain your eyelash health. To ensure the ongoing health of your lashes, we highly recommend that you take the advice of the technician regarding the maximum thickness & length that your natural lashes can support. Inexperienced technicians or those who rush are apt to apply lashes that are too heavy/clumped together which can definitely result in damaged lashes. Don't try to remove the extensions yourself, as this could easily damage your natural lashes.
Will the adhesive burn or irritate my eyes?
The Misencil adhesive does not contain any fumes & will not burn or irritate your eyes. The Misencil adhesive is FDA approved. Misencil has also partnered up with the eye disease foundation. Misencil is the only brand that has won awards in several countries & is the number one eyelash extension company in more than 40 countries. The medical grade adhesive is developed in a laboratory in Canada & is specifically designed for eyelash extensions. Safety comes first at Misencil! Choosing Misencil means choosing top quality products for your eyes & peace of mind!
How do I take care of my lashes?
To keep your eyelash extensions looking good and full as long as possible it is important to follow these recommendations:
- Do not use a sauna, steam room or hot tub for 48 hours after application
- Do not get them wet, swim, do hot yoga, tan or exercise for 24 hours after application
- After hot yoga, using a sauna or exercising, cleanse your eyelashes immediately with the Misencil Lash Shampoo to remove any oils
- Do not touch, rub, pull or pick your lashes
- Do not use oil-based or waterproof products around your eyes, including mascara & eyeliner. Oils will break down the adhesive & your eyelash extensions will prematurely fall out
- Use oil-free makeup remover
- Proper hygiene is VERY important. Please keep your eyelashes clean by cleansing with the Misencil Lash Shampoo to remove any dirt, oil & bacteria. Gently cleanse the eyelashes in a downward motion, do not rub side to side as this can loosen the bond. Do not face the shower head when showering, after showering avoid rubbing your eyelashes. It is best to blot them with a facial tissue & let them air dry. Once eyelashes are dry, gently brush the eyelash extensions with the mascara wand provided
- Avoid sleeping on side or stomach
- Never use a clamp-style eyelash curler on your extensions